To download and install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0 software to your computer follow these steps:
- Click - Desktop Manager Software (v 6.0.0) Multi-Language with Media Manager
- Follow the instructions and verify your current Desktop Manager Software version.
Note: If you have the current Desktop Manager Software version you do not need to install BlackBerry® Desktop Software.
- Click Download.
- Click Run or Save File or Save and save the file in the desired location. Proceed to Step 9 if you chose to save the file.
- If Run was selected, select Run again. Proceed to Step 10.
- Navigate to and then double-click the saved file to launch the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager Installation program.
- Click Next.
- Select the language and click Next.
- Read the License Agreement and select the radio button next to I accept the terms in the license agreement. Then, click Next.
- Advanced users may change the install location and select users who may access the BlackBerry® software. Default settings will be suitable to most users. Click Next.
- Select Setup Type and click Next.
- Place a check in the check box next to Integrate with a personal email account and click Next.
Note: If you use your BlackBerry® device with a corporate e-mail account, place a check in the check box next to Integrate with a work e-mail account. Contact your company IT help-desk for additional help setting up your device.
- If you chose Integrate with a personal email account, go to Step 17. If you chose Integrate with a work e-mail account, select the type of server used by your company and click Next. The most common server used is Microsoft Exchange.
- Click Next.
- Remove the check mark next to Start BlackBerry® Desktop Manager automatically each time the computer starts and click Install.
Note: Some users may want Desktop Manager to launch each time the PC starts, but this is not necessary for most users.
- When the BlackBerry® Desktop Software completes installation, click Finish.