A master reset restores the original factory settings and may erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card or memory card (if available).
To perform a hard reset, follow these steps.
- From the main screen, select Menu.
- Scroll to and select Settings.
- Scroll to and select Restore settings.
- Scroll to and select Restore all or Restore settings only.
- NOTE: Selecting Restore all erases contacts and downloads saved in the handset memory.
- Select Contin..
- Type your security code and select OK.
- NOTE: If you have not previously created a security code, you must create one at this time.