A master reset restores the original factory settings and may erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card or memory card (if available).
To perform a hard reset, follow these steps.
- Back up all necessary data on the internal memory.
- Save any files that are open.
- From the main screen, select Menu.
- Scroll to and select Settings.
- Scroll to and select Restore settings.
- Select Restore settings only.
- Select Continue.
- Enter your security code (default security code is 12345).
- Note: If you have not already set your security password by going to Menu, Settings, Security, Access codes, Change security code. You must create a password at this time.
- Select OK.