Premium Handset Protection details
Your device is protected
Premium Handset Protection (PHP) provides protection against loss, theft, accidental damage, and malfunction of your wireless phone. The PHP Bundle provides insurance and warranty coverage, as well as access to Mobile Security at no extra charge.
PHP Warranty provides you with benefits both during and after the manufacturer's warranty period. The manufacturer’s warranty generally provides coverage for malfunctions or failures due to defects in materials or workmanship for the first 6-12 months of ownership. After that, your phone is not protected if it fails or malfunctions. With PHP Warranty, you'll be protected by service warranty coverage if your phone fails or malfunctions after the manufacturer’s warranty expires. The enhanced warranty program provides expedited service; you will typically receive your replacement equipment the next business day (where available).
Premium Handset Protection benefits
Peace of mind
With the Premium Handset Protection Bundle, you can live your life knowing you're covered for loss, theft, damage, or malfunction.
- Not available on prepaid accounts.
- You have 14 days from service activation, valid upgrade, or exchange to enroll in Premium Handset Protection.
Qualifications and costs of PHP details
A low recurring charge will be added to your wireless bill when you enroll in PHP. This fee includes the cost of the insurance premium and administration fees payable to Assurant, Inc.
Requests for enrollment in the PHP Insurance program are sent to a licensed insurance agent representing the program underwriter. Enrollment must occur no later than 14 days after the purchase of the device. The program underwriter or its agent accepts applications at its sole discretion. If accepted, the coverage is retroactive to the time the enrollment is submitted.
Monthly billing will begin immediately following verification that your service and account status are active. After enrollment, a phone call must be completed to or from the insured equipment to complete your application and for coverage to take effect (phone call not applicable to data sticks).
You can cancel coverage at any time by contacting Assurant at 1-866-866-6285, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you already have PHP, find out how to file a claim.
Pay in Advance Eligibility
Pay in Advance Handset Protection is a feature provided by the Assurant Solutions companies and offered by T-Mobile that provides device replacement coverage for loss, theft, accidental damage, and device malfunction due to mechanical or electrical failure, after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
Coverage includes replacement of the device, SIM, battery, and wall charger, when required. Other accessories, as well as the Apple iPhone, Tablets, routers, and netbooks, are not covered.
Warranty exchanges are completed by T-Mobile for device manufacturer defects that could occur within the first year of the Manufacture Warranty. Contact T-Mobile Customer Care if you are experiencing a warranty issue.
New York State customers:
- Pay in Advance Handset Protection is a feature provided by Assurant Solutions and offered by T-Mobile that offers device replacement coverage for loss, theft, accidental physical damage or extended warranty device electrical or mechanical malfunction beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. Assurant Solutions offers insurance only or extended warranty only coverage billed by Assurant Solutions. To add these features contact Assurant Solutions.
- Insurance coverage includes replacement coverage for loss, theft, accidental physical damage
- Warranty Coverage includes replacement coverage for extended warranty device electrical or mechanical malfunction beyond the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Coverage includes replacement of the device, SIM, battery, and memory card if required for the phone to function.
- Accessories, Apple iPhone, Tablets, routers, and netbooks are not covered.
Premium Handset Protection coverage options and pricing
All on one bill
A low recurring charge will be added to your wireless bill; no separate invoices or checks to write. This fee includes the cost of the insurance premium payable to Liberty Mutual and administration fees payable to Asurion Insurance Services, Inc.
Important: The Mobile Security feature is only available for Android 2.1+ phones. When buying PHP Bundle, the Lookout Mobile Security feature is not included..
|Lookout Mobile Security|
|Alarm, Locate, Lock, or Wipe data if phone is lost||No||Yes|
Go to T-Mobile Premium Handset Protection for the deductible for your phone or device. (Deductible is non-refundable)
|Service Warranty Processing Fee||$5||$20|
Per Claim Limit
Go to T-Mobile Premium Handset Protection for the deductible for your phone or device. (2 claims in a 12-month period)
*Rates and deductibles are subject to change upon reasonable notice to insured, in accordance with state law.
This is a replacement policy; there is no cash paid or reimbursement to insureds.
With the PHP Bundle, you're covered for one wireless phone or device, utilizing the Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card associated with your T-Mobile account at the moment of loss, theft, damage, or malfunction.
Should your device become lost, stolen, or damaged, you're also covered for the following accessories under Premium Handset Protection Bundle:
- One standard battery
- One standard charger
- One SIM card
Receiving a replacement phone? Your replacement device may be new or re-manufactured.
- If the same make and model you claim is not available, a like-kind make and model may be substituted.
- You may also receive generic manufacturer accessories.