Learn how to report a lost or stolen phone. The theft or loss of a phone is a difficult experience. Fortunately, T-Mobile provides a few easy-to-setup security features that can protect your information and simple steps you can take to secure your information and account if your T-Mobile phone is ever lost or stolen. Find out more on the page.
To report a lost or stolen phone, follow these steps:
Simple Choice & Contract accounts
- Locate and secure your phone
If you subscribe to T-Mobile supported services such as Lookout Mobile Security Premium or BlackBerry Protect, you can follow steps to locate and secure your missing phone.
- Suspend your line
Log into My T-Mobile and suspend your line. Please be aware that once your line is suspended, you'll no longer be able to check your voicemail from another line.
- Replace your phone and restore service
- To replace your phone, you can:
- Log into My T-Mobile and restore your line.
- Once you have your new phone and restore your service, see Set up your new phone for steps to transfer your contacts and other personal information.
Pay in Advance (Prepaid) accounts
- Contact T-Mobile Customer Service to suspend your line.
- Replace your phone by purchasing one at a retail store. Until you get a new phone, you can use another phone you may already have with a new T-Mobile SIM card.
- Once you get a new phone and SIM card, contact T-Mobile Customer Service to restore your service.
- After you have restored your service, see Set up your new phone for steps to transfer your contacts and other personal information.