To perform a master reset on the handheld, follow these steps:
IMPORTANT: All application data is lost and e-mail service and other services disable when performing a master reset. Back up contacts, calendar appointments, and other data to your computer before continuing.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Scroll to and select the Options icon.
- NOTE: Press the trackball to select.
- Scroll to and select Security Options.
- Select General Settings.
- Press the Menu key.
- Scroll to and select Wipe Handheld.
- If desired, scroll to and select the Include third party applications check box.
- Select Continue.
- Type the word blackberry.
- Press the trackball.