T-Mobile provides a software upgrade for the HTC HD2. The update includes many new features and updates that will improve the overall experience with the device. All customers are strongly encouraged to install this upgrade because it improves device stability and performance and adds Shazam and the Amazon MP3 store.
Be aware that installing this update will erase all data stored on the device and will restore the HTC HD2 to factory default. Be sure to back up any important files from your HTC HD2 to your desktop or a storage card to preserve your data. Ensure your e-mail settings for each of your e-mail accounts are known or are written down. Installing the new software will erase all the data on the device. It is highly recommended that you back up your files to your computer and use Microsoft® My Phone before downloading the software upgrade. With the software upgrade, you will lose any rentals from the Blockbuster Movie application and Barnes and Noble bookmarks.
If you purchased the full versions of any of the preinstalled games on your HD2, you may need to download the full versions again after you update your device. You can do this, free of charge, by accessing m.web2go.com from your HD2 browser. For the games Tetris and Who Wants to be a Millionaire, select My Account, then My Downloads, and then Games & Applications to see your purchases and download full versions, without any charge.
For previously purchased full versions of Ferrari and Prince of Persia, you may need to go through the upgrade process again in the actual game itself. You will not be charged by the game provider in these cases if you have already purchased the full version.
Note: If Encrypt files when placed on a storage card is enabled, back up all files from the storage cards before updating the operating system. Otherwise, you will no longer be able to access the encrypted files on the storage card. Use Active Sync or Windows Mobile Device Center to transfer files between your storage card and computer. After the procedure, copy your files back to the storage card.
Note: It is normal for the device to run slowly and the battery to drain at a higher rate for a short period of time after the update is applied. This is caused by applications that might be performing an initial sync, such as, Outlook or a personal e-mail account, or the device updating applications like weather and location. It may take up to four hours to complete all syncing. It is recommended that you charge your phone after the update is complete.
Note: If data is not working for features like e-mail, browser, maps, etc., after the update, make sure to unplug the UBS from the PC. You will need to un-tether the device after upgrade for data to be enabled. If the issue continues, perform a soft reset by power cycling and test again, if it continues after that please contact Customer Care.
To perform a device software upgrade, perform the following steps:
- Verify that you need the upgrade. To do so, check your current software version by viewing the software version in the phone settings.
- For computers using Windows XP or earlier, ensure ActiveSync 4.5 is installed on your PC. Computers using Vista and Windows 7 will need Windows Mobile Device Center installed.
- Ensure all desired media and documents are saved to the Micro SD memory card or have been transferred to a computer.
Note: All third party applications and data that remain on the device before downloading the new software will be deleted and un-retrievable. Third party applications will need to be re-downloaded after the new software has been installed.
- Download the Update Utility from the T-Mobile Download Center.
- From the File Download dialog box, click Save.
- From the Save As dialog box, in the Save in drop-down menu, click to select Desktop.
- In the File name text box, enter HTC HD2 MSFP Upgrade, and then click Save.
- From your computer desktop, double-click the HTC HD2 MSFP Upgrade.
- From the RUU - InstallShield Wizard dialog box, click Next.
- From the PDA ROM Update Utility 184.108.40.206 dialog box, click to select I understand the caution indicated above and have reviewed the Readme, and then click Next.
Note: To open the Readme file, click View Readme.
- Complete the four listed steps, and then click to select I completed the steps indicated above.
- Click Next.
Note: The utility will check for an ActiveSync connection and sufficient battery life.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
Note: Update progress appears on the computer screen and on the device screen. The upgrade process can take between 10-15 minutes. You may notice that the progress indicator also appears to stall at 85% and 95%. This is normal behavior.
- Once the update has finished, the phone restarts automatically. To close the Update Utility, click Finish.
Note: When the device restarts, it goes through the initial start-up routine as if the device was hard reset or brand new out of the box. The screen displays a Windows Mobile screen with a Microsoft logo. The device then performs an additional update that takes approximately 5 minutes. When this occurs, the device restarts again, and your update is complete.