Learn how you and your family can get reimbursed for your Early Termination Fees (ETFs) when you switch to T-Mobile and trade in your devices. This is also available to existing T-Mobile customers.
- We'll give you a credit up to $300 based on the trade-in value of your device. Get an estimate now.
- You can also get up to $350 per line based on the ETFs on your final bill
What you'll need
To take advantage of the ETF reimbursement, you'll need to:
- Trade in an eligible phone, device, or tablet (up to 5 lines).
Note: Online trade-in quotes are an initial estimate only; the actual value of the trade-in is determined when we receive the device.
- Have a contract and Early Termination Fee (ETF) with your current carrier.
- Submit a final bill showing the ETF amount, as well as your name, address, and phone number(s) from your previous carrier.
- Have an eligible mobile number that can be transferred from your current carrier to T-Mobile.
- Ensure that your account is active and in good standing.
- Activate a new line of service on a qualifying plan.
Note: Pay In Advance, Simple Choice No Credit, and On-Demand Mobile Internet rate plans do not qualify for this offer.
- Purchase a qualifying phone or device.
Get your ETF reimbursement
To get your first payout, you need to first trade in your eligible phone or tablet at a T-Mobile store. If you can't make it into a store, visit the Trade-in Status page for steps on how to trade-in your device.
The second payout is the ETF reimbursement. Submit your reimbursement request online at www.switch2tmobile.com, or mail your completed reimbursement form and final bill reflecting your name, address, phone number(s), and Early Termination Fee (ETF) amount from your previous carrier within two calendar months of activation. You can recognize your final bill by looking for a special one-time charge, which usually is listed as an “Early Termination Fee” or “Contract Termination Fee." When you submit your final bill for reimbursement, only send the pages that show the name, phone number, address, and ETF amount per line.
Check the status of your ETF reimbursement
The ETF reimbursement request could take up to eight weeks to process. Provided you are still a T-Mobile customer in good standing, you'll be paid in the form of a prepaid MasterCard. You can submit and check the status of your prepaid MasterCard at www.switch2tmobile.com.
Note: The ETF Reimbursement CHECK STATUS button may not be available for up to 14 days after you have received your submission confirmation.